Blogger Outreach or guest posting is a great way to promote your brand online and reach new audiences. The process works simply by reaching out to other website or blog owners in your niche and then developing a relationship with them. Once you have established a relationship with them, you can pitch content ideas to them in the hope that they will publish your article on their blog.
Blogger outreach has now become the most legitimate method of building links to your website. With the recent Google penguin and panda updates focusing on poor quality content, webspam and over optimisation, quality content and better link quality are now very important if you are to have success of ranking your site within the search engines.
Guest blogging and content marketing work hand in hand to provide a more sustained link building strategy. After the penguin update, there was a massive explosion in the guest blogging community with marketers and independent bloggers trying to build links with guest posts. Guest blogging should focus on providing quality content on quality websites.
Rather than just focusing on acquiring links, Blogger outreach also offers you the chance to get your brand in front of new audiences and communities. Blog owners are interested in receiving fresh content that will appeal to their readers. In return your content reaches new target audiences providing opportunities to drive new visitors to your website. From a link building perspective, the website owner will usually allow a link back to your website in the author bio of the article.
Blogger outreach can be a long and tedious process especially if done correctly. If you are considering running or starting your own guest blogging or blogger outreach campaign then here are some really simple tips to get you started.
Where to find places to guest post There has been a steady rise in guest blogging platforms that offer content publishers and website owners the chance to build relationships based on sharing and promoting content. The following platforms vary with some being free and others charging a monthly subscription fee with enhanced privileges. Our best advice is to try them out and see which delivers the best results for you.
- Blog Dash
- Fizz Niche
- Technorati’s directory of blogs
- Guest Blog Genius
- Google Blogsearch
- Best of the Web Blogs
- Copy for Bylines
- Guest Blogging Websites
Searching Google for guest blogs
Another way to find websites and blogs that offer guest posts is to use specific search terms in Google. These searches then filter the search results providing sites that advertise for guest writers.
- add guest post”
- “become a contributor”
- “become a guest blogger”
- “become a guest writer”
- “become an author”
- “bloggers wanted”
- “blogs accepting guest posts”
- “blogs that accept guest bloggers”
- “blogs that accept guest posts”
- “contribute to our site”
- keyword “accepting guest posts”
- keyword “submit a guest post”
- keyword “submit an article”
- keyword “submit post”
- keyword “write for us”
- keyword + contribute
- keyword + guest blogging
- keyword + submit an article
- keyword + submit guest post
- keyword + submit post
- keyword “guest blogging”
- keyword “guest post by”
- keyword “guest post guidelines”
- keyword “guest post”
- keyword “guest posting”
Having searched and found blogs and websites in your niche, the next stage is to evaluate the quality of each website. Remember search engines use links as votes. Therefore when search engines like Google evaluate your link profile, they are looking at link quality. Having links on trustworthy sites is an important element of ranking well in the search engines. There are many quality signals that can determine the trust and authority of a website and whether or not it is a worthy prospect for publishing your content. Here we provide a quick guide to some of the things you should look for.
- Domain Authority of the website (typically DA 20+)
- Link profile (Does the link profile look natural)
- Social signals (does the website have social engagement)
- How frequently is the blog updated with fresh content
- What is the quality level of the content that is being published
- Are there signs of spam content
- Does the website have contact details
- Are there signs of duplicate content?
- Does the site have a good design and site structure
- What type of sites is the blog linking to
Pitching content ideas
Once you have found the sites that you are looking for, the next stage is to make contact with the blog owner. If you have already contacted blogs from the sources listed above then you will already know that they are open to accepting guest posts. The next stage is to pitch your content idea to them. The tips below will give you a better chance of getting your pitch accepted.
- Make sure your content idea is relevant to their blog
- Look at what posts are receiving good levels of engagement from their blogs readers
- Make sure your content idea is well researched
- Will it add value to their blog?
- Avoid being self promotional
- Show them previous posts that you may have written on your own blog
- Find out what is trending on their blog
- See what is current in their niche
With this quick and easy guide to blogger outreach, you can get started simply by following some of the tips above. Remember perfecting your guest blogging skills will take time and effort. The more effort you put in then the greater the reward will be. Having your content published on high authority blogs is no easy feat but with the right approach and an ethical mindset based on providing quality content that will offer value to their readers; you will have a far great chance of having your content published.